Tuesday, February 24, 2009

another blustery day

Wrapped up in my cozy blanket in the cottage waiting for Dave Mac's birthday cake to bake, I am having flashbacks of an upgraded college day.  While times are tough we have stocked up on Thai Kitchens just-add-water soups.  Today it is Ginger.  Yesterday, Spring Onion.  Almost everyday around one o'clock I find myself boiling water and reaching into the cupboard for that little plastic bag of dry noodles.  However, today, while it sits steaming in front of me, I feel cozy and comfortable in my space.  
After a huge snow storm last night we woke up to a scene straight out of Narnia's The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.  A complete white wash which I have found to be quite calm and serene.  Chopsticks in hand, the noodles are soft, all I need is a warm fireplace to make the moment perfect.  Which reminds me...I need to pick up candles.
j.may

No comments:

Post a Comment